Monday 15 September 2008

Tea Towel Tour 4

Seriously this has to be seen:
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/medium/sailor_girl.JPG
How great is that?! Nannetta picked the most perfect design for me. I am a sucker for all things nautical. I can't wait to see how the other talented stitchers add to this towel, who would have thought a tea towel could make my heart race?
And here is my humble contribution to IamSusies towel:It's pretty different to my usual more filled in style because I wanted it to fit in with the rest of the embroidery on the towel, and I wouldn't usually go for something so cute but I designed it myself and am pleased with how it turned outThe rest of the embroidery on the the towel (bird by IamSusie and squirrel byTimpani~Jax) is so beautiful. One of the best things about the swap is getting to see everyone else in your groups work in the flesh - although it's quite intimidating when you get a towel where the stitches are all so pristine and you think 'Oh shit, I can't stitch anywhere near that neatly- I'm gonna mess up this beautiful towel' But I'm sure all the other swappers get that feeling too.... right?!

6 comments:

  1. Your deer is perfect on my towel! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. um yeah everyone feels that way.... but I think your embroidery is amazing and you shouldn't have to worry... that deer is so cute!!! his eyes are so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i agree the deer looks adorable! and omg what a perfect little pin up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey where did you get that compact you made for katie? is it from a craft store or did you re-do a normal one?

    ReplyDelete
  5. the deer is adorable! you draw very well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that about other's stitching as well. Right now I have sew~amy's towel and her stitching is so teeny tiny and perfect. I love the Tea Towel Tour!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you