Monday 4 February 2013

Moth by Giddy girlie


I while ago I posted about the hummingbird I made for the Phat Quarter tiny swap. This is the beautiful piece I received from Giddy Girlie . She was inspired by my love of moths and created this gorgeous embroidery for me. His body is turkey rug stitch so he is fluffy and lifelike and the satin stitch is so smooth. I love the way it is so striking and graphic- the colours pop against each other. Obviously it will join my growing collection of bug and moth art - I'm thinking of either keeping it framed in the hoop or putting it in a box frame- I have other things displayed like that and at first glance they look like real entomology displays.

Make sure you have a look at the gallery- it's full of awesome stitches 

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from you