Monday 27 May 2013

PQ swap piece

P5140207 by Sewphie T
P5140207, a photo by Sewphie T on Flickr.

This is my science themed piece for the recent Phat Quarter swap. It's quite detailed and was stitched using one strand of floss. I was contemplating using neon floss to fill it in but as it was for a swap thought it would be safer to go for a subtler finish with a hint of metallic floss- neon skeletons aren't everyone's cup of tea! I do sort of regret not going bright though I think it would've looked great - the vintage image plus neon combo will have to be used on something else.
When I was planning the piece I actually considered doing a stumpwork dissected frog. Which would be awesome, right? But I knew it would take way too long and I thought it was perhaps a bit too odd to send to someone I don't know well. Looking forward to making it now though - watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool, would be a perfect gift for a doctor...would be interesting to see a few bones in neon! Chrissie x

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you