Saturday 21 September 2013

Illustration Stitchalong piece


This quarter we did a free choice on the illustration stitchalong and I chose to stitch up a Matt Sewell illustration from the book Our Garden Birds. I thought it lent itself to wool embroidery- these are all Appleton Crewel Wool threads. The bright sunlight here shows where I've used two colours together in the needle for a blended, tweedy effect- it's actually a lot more subtle in real life. This little guy is so cute it is begging to be made into something else- I think it might end up on a tea cosy or something.
This round of the stitchalong has been a bit quieter than the Edward Gorey and Tim Burton ones but I think more people will join in next round for Dr Seuss stitching!!

5 comments:

  1. I love that book, your blue tit is fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable! The colors are so vibrant.

    I can't wait to see what you do for the Dr Seuss round!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely! I didn't have time to play along this round but I'm already looking at Dr.Seuss illustrations for the next SAL :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you